I was interviewed today about Eating the Mediterranean in The Pioneer Valley by Monte BelMonte on WRSI.
March 16, 2012 by Bill Bradley
Black Bean Stew
Author: Bill Bradley, R.D., L.D.N.
Recipe type: Entree
From the book: Things to do with Black Bean Stew by Bill Bradley, R.D. L.D.N.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups spinach, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 large can (29 oz) black beans, including liquid
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots, and red pepper in olive oil until carrots just begin to soften.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, and spices. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add rest of ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.