Waldorf Salad with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
Author: Bill Bradley, R.D., L.D.N.
Recipe type: Lunch, Salad
Serves: 4 as side salad, 2 for main entree
This healthy and satisfying lunch or dinner salad can be eaten as a full meal on its own or as a side dish.
- Salad Ingredients
- 4 cups mesclin lettuce (or your favorite lettuce/green)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- ⅛ cup red onion, sliced thin (or as much as you like)
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette (search site for recipe)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon oregano, dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a jar and shaking well.
- Add all salad ingredients (except dressing) to a large salad bowl.
- Pour ¼ cup dressing on salad and toss well.