Sauteed Swiss Chard with Garlic
Author: Bill Bradley, R.D., L.D.N.
Recipe type: Side Dish
Delicious served on top of toasted Italian bread
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, washed well, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop chard to desired size.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat (do not overheat oil)
- Add chard and spices. Saute for about 3-4 minutes until chard is wilted.
- Add balsamic vinegar. Saute 1 more minute.
- Add garlic, let sizzle for about 30 seconds, then take off heat.